5 Awesome Tips When Eating Out
Here are 5 awesome tips when eating out to help you eat healthier.
- Choose restaurants that prepare most of their food in the restaurant instead of buying it packaged and already cooked. Call up the restaurant before you go and find out how the food is prepared. You?ll be surprised to find out how many restaurants have switched to the packaged, pre-cooked foods that are full of additives and preservatives. Be aware that in the pre-packaged foods, there could be added ingredients like nuts, soy, gluten, and food colorings that could potentially be harmful to someone with allergies.
- When at a restaurant, try to stay away from deep-fried foods. Since the oil has been used over and over again, the oil has become oxidized. You’re basically ingesting free radicals. Yuck! Try this recipe to make super delicious crispy fries at home. It?s super-fast and easy with this copper pan. Not to mention a lot healthier.
- Look at the menu and order items that are grilled or roasted instead of fried. Try to order something that has a healthy balance of carbohydrates, proteins, and healthy fats.
- When ordering a salad as a meal, add a healthy protein to it. It will keep you satisfied longer. Order the dressing on the side and pick one that is not creamy, like blue cheese or ranch. A balsamic vinaigrette is a better choice. If the dressings are not made in-house, ask for extra virgin oil and vinegar instead of the dressings since they may contain additives and preservatives. I bring my own packets of extra virgin olive oil since not all restaurants have it.
- If there’s something you really want to eat that’s not the healthiest of options, split it two or three ways. That way, you are only eating ? or ? of the calories. Everything in moderation.
Keep these easy tips in mind on your next meal away from home.